Payment & Shipping Terms:
Anchors Mold is a manufacturer of diamond drawing dies with natural diamond (ND) blanks inside as a high quality, predictable and durable product for drawing ferrous and non-ferrous wires 0.01 to 5.00 mm. Larger sizes are available by request.
Natural diamonds, abbreviated as ND, are naturally formed within the earth at high pressure high-temperature conditions. Because of its extremely rigid lattice, it can be contaminated by a few types of impurities such as boron and nitrogen.
The ND blanks that Anchors Mold use are all selected for purity and limited inclusions, flattened on a special lapping machine, and sorted in different groups of height and diameter combinations.
Key benefits of Anchors Mold ND wire dies
• Long die life due to its extreme hardness and resistance to scratching
• Can be used in high-heat processes because of its extreme thermal conductivity
• Blanks are thermally stable up to 1700°C (3092°F)
• Easy setup, smooth drawing
• 100% of all diamonds are checked for inclusions, cracks
• Nonconductive properties make this product a good choice when electrical conductive materials are an issue
Natural diamond dies are still successfully used for applications that require excellent wire surface qualities, high heat resistance and in applications that require a die material that is not electrically conductive.
Typical application areas:
• Tungsten filament wire
• Bonding wire (gold, copper, aluminum)
• Medical wire
• Stainless steel wire
• Copper wire
• EDM wire
• Special alloy and high performance alloy wire
• Precious metal wire
• Various other ferrous and non-ferrous metal wire types